USCS 10450 - Cooling Water Scale and Corrosion Inhibitor
USCS 10450 is specifically designed for open cooling tower systems using soft water makeup. Some hardness is desirable to work with the Organophosphonate in the product to inhibit corrosion, 40-100ppm Ca+2 (as CaCO3) in the tower water would be ideal when possible.
- Includes inhibitor to prevent yellow metal corrosion.
- Dose product at 100-200 ppm in the tower/blowdown water.
- May be used with oxidizing biocides, but dosage of bleach or bromine should be maintained as low as possible, just enough to accomplish the elimination of microbiological growth.
- Test using the Palin Test kit. Maintain the phosphonate level of 8-12 ppm net.
- Test procedure: Use the number of drops minus two drops (to zero) x 1.0= ppm Phosphonate.